01 February 2007

For Better or For Worse

Those words are part of most any marital vows. I know, I took them just over nine months ago, and they still ring in my head everyday. I married Beth of my own choice, and vice versa. Everyone who wants to be married should be, as long as there is a minister, priest, rabbi, imam, etc. who will officiate the ceremony. The reason I'm talking about this is because our big government Republican led State Senate is still working on SJR-7, aka the Gay Marriage Amendment.

What this does is effectively tell people that are homosexual that they can't marry because the government says its wrong. I'm a very open-minded person, with many friends from many walks of life. Who does the government think it is, telling someone that can't be happy? What about the pursuit of happiness?? Isn't that in some famous document or something??

No comments: