04 January 2005

Up in Smoke (Part 2)

As some of you know, Morgan County, located southeast of Indianapolis, enacted a smoking ban on all restaurants and bars on January 1st. This is another form of government control if you ask me. I don't think it's necessary for government to legislate morality on any level. It's simply a matter of personal choice. I voiced my opinion and was published in the Indianapolis Star today. The link is as follows:

http://www.indystar.com/articles/2/206762-5052-022.html

I was short and sweet, to the point really. It takes taxes away from businesses and forces them back on the individuals. Kind of unfortunate really, seeing that Morgan County is mostly Republican, supposedly the party of smaller government. Seeing this, true conservatives can only look one way for a government that trusts them with their personal choices, that being the libertarian way.

No comments: