20 October 2008

Buyer Beware

It seems a lot of people I know are going to pull the Obama lever. First of all, it's heartbreaking. Second, of all, buyer beware!!

In the ebb and flow of the American political scene, it's been center-right or center-left, not moving to far to one end of the pendulum or the other. As far as I can remember, there hasn't been an extreme shift one way or the other. Voting Obama would be an outright vote to the far left, making voters feel good now, but they will be paying (literally) for it in 2009 and beyond. Obama has the MOST liberal voting record in the Senate since he took office, and his running mate, Joe Biden is #3.

Now, I believe in equality at all levels as far as individual rights are concerned, but not in the pocketbook. Voting for Obama is nothing more than romanticizing a modern day Robin Hood, except you're the evil doers that he's taking from to give to the "poor."

What I mean is that for every hard-working, ball-busting individual out there, there is someone that has been a product of the system waiting for the next handout. I'm sick of the people that will have the government take care of them. I'm sick of my taxes going up to pay for their lazy butts. Now I understand that some people have certain situations, and I get that they need assistance. What I don't understand is that I'm supposed to subsidize someone's poor decisions in life.

I work hard, pay my taxes, am happily married, and have no children, but have to pay for someone that couldn't keep her legs closed, someone who has no desire to work, or someone who just wants to stick it to the man. Well, I'm a man, and I'm tired of it! If you want a true change in Washington, vote Bob Barr. He'll stick it to those that have stuck us taxpayers for way too long!

No comments: